Pender Lea Post Office
The heritage of the high country lovingly restored
From when it worked hard pressing apples, Cider House has always had a strong relationship with its natural surroundings. Today it relaxes in a tranquil garden alive with the colours of the changing seasons. Life at Cider House is encouraged to go more slowly. Touches of luxury and the sumptuous bed to while away mornings with the cosy log burner bringing on the early hours with ease.
1890’s cottage adorned with 21st century luxuries
We have just returned from Pender Lea (we stayed in the Post Office cottage) which made up one leg of our summer holiday. We spent 4 nights in this amazing cottage, feeling a world away from our hectic lives, but with all the comforts you could ever want. The Post Office was big for all 5 of us …….
H Rundi 27th Jan – Trip AdvisorEnquiries Availability & Bookings
Room 1: King Bed x 1 (or 2 singles) & 1 x Single
Room 2: King Bed x 1 (or 2 Singles)
- Feather topped beds, down donnas,
blankets & pillows
- iPod dock, alarm,radio, LCD TV & electric heating
2 Bathrooms ensuite
Bath 1: Hydro spa for 2, rain shower, toilet, vanity
Bath 2: Clawfoot bath, rain shower, toilet, vanity
- Heated floors
- Hair dryer & toiletries
COOKING & DINING
Generous farmhouse cooks kitchen
- 90cm Bosch gas stove & electric oven
- Farmhouse table seating 8
- Espresso machine, kettle, toaster
- Fridge/freezer full sized, microwave & dishwasher
- All kitchen equipment
- All dining settings,cutlery & glassware
RELAXING & ENTERTAINING
Open plan living
- Open wood fireplace, cosy comfy sofas, antique timber floors
- Spacious open plan living, antique timber floors
- Media: LCD TV, DVD, Foxtel, free Wifi, stereo
- BBQ, screened porch, heirloom herb garden
- Firewood, kindling & paper supplied.
- Feather topped beds, down donnas,
- The Post Office
- 2013 - 2014
- 7th June - 10th June June Long Weekend 2013. The official opening of the Winter Season. Enjoy the celebrations.
- 10th June - 22nd June Value Season. Exceptional rates, great savings and no crowds. Enjoy the slopes before the crowds arrive.
- 23rd June -29th June Shoulder Season. Sneak some turns in before the school holidays.
- 30th June - 18th July Peak Season. Escape to the snow for the school holidays. The kids will love the experience. Great fun for everyone.
- 19th July - 25th July Shoulder Season. The kids have gone back to school, the snow is great. Grab a deal in between the School holidays and Peak Season.
- 26th July - 22nd August Peak Season. When the snow is at its best. Fingers crossed for "freshies", knee deep powder, blue bird days. Be excited
- 23rd August - 29th August Shoulder. As we head to spring the skiing is still great. The prices drop as do the crowds. A great time to visit.
- 30th August - 7th September Low Shoulder. Exceptional value to honour the arrival of spring. A great time of year, good snow depth & blue skies. What more could you want.
- 8th September - 3rd October Value Season. Come & play in the snow this spring. The snow is soft & forgiving - a great time to learn. Sunny days & milder temps. A real fun time in the mountains.
- 4th October - 7th October October Long Weekend. A long weekend to celebrate the end of winter. Grab those last turns before the slopes close.
The Post Office is the real stand out! We loved it! Beautiful historic building, beautifully renovated restorted and expanded, we can’t wait to goback next year! Evenif you are not a skier you can enjoy the alpine experience and relax around the fire, watch Foxtel, cook in the fully equiped kitchen or go horse riding!
Julie and Chris at Pender Lea are wonderful and happy they assist whenever possible.
We have just returned from Pender Lea (we stayed in the Post Office cottage) which made up one leg of our summer holiday. We spent 4 nights in this amazing cottage, feeling a world away from our hectic lives, but with all the comforts you could ever want.
The Post Office was big for all 5 of us – we could sit as a family and play games in the main lounge, or relax in the bedrooms. The kids played outside in the garden and explored, and then there is everything that Thredbo itself offers like walks, mountains, etc.
If only we lived 2 hours away instead of 9, we would come here all the time. A great place, lovely hosts – truly amazing..
We stayed at Penderlea Chalets in the Post Office chalet for 3 nights with another couple. We were very pleasantly surprised by the beautiful building and attention to detail that has gone into furnishing and finishing the property. It’s a great choice for two couples as there are two bedrooms that have their own bathrooms,located at opposite ends of the house, which gives you a lot of privacy…